|Follow Post 735 on social media:|
May is Military Appreciation Month
Thank you to all Post 735 members and their families who served, sacrificed and supported.
|Post 735 is one of the blood drive sites for the Eastern Iowa Chapter of the American Red Cross. The opportunity to give the gift of life is available each month, right here at the Post. Visit the online donor reservation system to get your seat locked in right now!|
|Matt Kuba, head coach for the Post 735 Warriors American Legion Baseball team, presents a jersey shadow box to Post Vice Commander Joe Helle as thanks for the Post's support. The Post 735 Warriors were Area 4 Champions, earning a berth in the Iowa Department (state) tournament, both of which are new accomplishments for a Post 735 team.|
|Post 735 was presented 6 memorial flag boxes on March 9th by Christopher Tauber of Troop 28.
Tauber built the flag boxes for his Eagle Scout project.
|Avenue of Flags for 2021:|
|Congratulations to Larry Throndson for being honored by Quilts Of Valor at the end of August in Cedar Rapids. Larry was presented a handmade quilt and publicly honored for his service to our country. Standing tall, looking sharp and receiving well-deserved recognition!|
Upcoming Events (all times Central timezone)
- 5/25/2021, 6:00 pm: Training Tuesday (virtual/online monthly training)
- 5/31/2021: Avenue Of Flags (6:00 am and 6:30 pm)
- 6/8/2021: Red Cross Blood Drive, 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm (sign up online
- 6/8/2021, 7:00 pm: Monthly Post Meeting
- 6/29/2021, 6:00 pm: Training Tuesday (virtual/online monthly training)
- 7/4/2021: Avenue Of Flags (6:00 am and 7:00 pm)
- 7/13/2021, 7:00 pm: Monthly Post Meeting
- 7/27/2021: Red Cross Blood Drive, 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm (sign up online)
- 7/27/2021, 6:00 pm: Training Tuesday (virtual/online monthly training)
American Legion Post 735 is part of the nation's largest veterans service organization, committed to the mentoring and sponsoring of youth program in our communities, advocating patriotism and honor, promoting a strong national security, and continued devotion to our fellow service member and veterans.
If you would like to learn more about the Amercian Legion, the Auxiliary, or the the Sons of the American Legion, please look around this site or contact us at 319-393-2377.
A common question is, "Am I eligible to join?" Recent changes to the American Legion's membership requirements most likely means the answer is yes:
- All active duty members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion.
- Anyone who had federal active duty time in the United States Armed Forces since December 7, 1941, and were honorably discharged are eligible.
- U.S. Merchant Marines who served from December 7, 1941 to December 31, 1946 are also eligible.