Welcome to American Legion Post 735
The hometown of
Medal of Honor recipient Sal Giunta
Post Christmas Party has been postponed!
Due to COVID-19 exposure/transmission concerns, Post leadership decided at the November Post meeting to not hold the celebration as scheduled. Post leaders did commit to holding a similar event after the New Year at a time when the situation has improved. Please understand this was done in abundance of caution and was driven by the desire to ensure the health and safety of our Post members and their families.
Post 735 will be the site of blood drives held by the Eastern Iowa Chapter of the American Red Cross. You can help give the gift of life on January 4th, February 1st, or March 3rd right here at the Post. Visit the online donor reservation system to get your date and time locked in right now!
Congratulations to Larry Throndson for being honored by Quilts Of Valor at the end of August in Cedar Rapids. Larry was presented a handmade quilt and publicly honored for his service to our country. Standing tall, looking sharp and receiving well-deserved recognition!
Hurry, only a little time left in membership season (end of the year)!
- Renew your membership today.
- Looking to join The American Legion? Looking to transfer? Now is the the perfect time to do both.
- Easiest way is online at Legion.org.
Avenue of Flags 2021:
Post 735 Christmas Party : 5:30 pm, December 5, 2020(postponed due to COVID-19 concerns)
- Monthly Post Meeting: 7:00 pm, December 8, 2020
American Legion Post 735 is part of the nation's largest veterans service organization, committed to the mentoring and sponsoring of youth program in our communities, advocating patriotism and honor, promoting a strong national security, and continued devotion to our fellow service member and veterans.
If you would like to learn more about the Amercian Legion, the Auxiliary, or the the Sons of the American Legion, please look around this site or contact us at 319-393-2377.
A common question is, "Am I eligible to join?" Recent changes to the American Legion's membership requirements most likely means the answer is yes:
- All active duty members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion.
- Anyone who had federal active duty time in the United States Armed Forces since December 7, 1941, and were honorably discharged are eligible.
- U.S. Merchant Marines who served from December 7, 1941 to December 31, 1946 are also eligible.