Welcome to American Legion Post 735
The hometown of
Medal of Honor recipient Sal Giunta
Follow us on social media:
KUDOS to everyone who supported the Red Cross blood drive on January 4th. Every appointment was filled, 44 donors participated and 45 units were graciously donated. Thank you for helping!
|Post 735 will be one of the blood drive sites for the Eastern Iowa Chapter of the American Red Cross. You can help give the gift of life on February 1st and March 15th, right here at the Post. Visit the online donor reservation system to get your seat locked in right now!|
|Congratulations to Larry Throndson for being honored by Quilts Of Valor at the end of August in Cedar Rapids. Larry was presented a handmade quilt and publicly honored for his service to our country. Standing tall, looking sharp and receiving well-deserved recognition!|
Avenue of Flags for 2021:
- 1/26/2021, 6:00 pm: Training Tuesday (virtual/online monthly training)
- January's topic is "Membership Retention"
- The training is targeted at Post officers, but all members are welcome to take part
- 2/1/2021: Red Cross Blood Drive, 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm (sign up online)
- 2/9/2021, 7:00 pm: Monthly Post Meeting
American Legion Post 735 is part of the nation's largest veterans service organization, committed to the mentoring and sponsoring of youth program in our communities, advocating patriotism and honor, promoting a strong national security, and continued devotion to our fellow service member and veterans.
If you would like to learn more about the Amercian Legion, the Auxiliary, or the the Sons of the American Legion, please look around this site or contact us at 319-393-2377.
A common question is, "Am I eligible to join?" Recent changes to the American Legion's membership requirements most likely means the answer is yes:
- All active duty members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion.
- Anyone who had federal active duty time in the United States Armed Forces since December 7, 1941, and were honorably discharged are eligible.
- U.S. Merchant Marines who served from December 7, 1941 to December 31, 1946 are also eligible.